Monday, May 15, 2017

Battle of Boredom!

Boredom… it can catch you anytime. Your day is going well enough, your off with nothing you need to get done. When out of nowhere it hits you, you have nothing to do!! Not even a minute ago this was a great thing, but now? 
Tragedy!

This has happened to me many a time, but one particular time stands out in my mind, mainly because the evil that was boredom was defeated. Now, I’m not saying I did it by myself(sometimes that can happen….just not THIS time). At the time I was with a friend, and we were bound and determined that we would find something, anything to do.


And if we didn’t? It wasn’t going to be because we didn’t try. So, we knocked on doors, we talked to people, we walked from one dorm to another and harassed everyone on all three floors. We talked, we sang, we marched, and we laughed our heads off.

Suddenly, I realized something(other then the fact we were annoying the hell out of everyone else) we weren’t bored. We had managed the impossible, the amazing feat of battling boredom. We still had nothing to do, but we were enjoying it. I’m not sure at what point this happened, and really does that matter? I now know that boredom may come but, it doesn’t mean I have to put with it. Sometimes a good friend can help you drive the world crazy, and fight off the boredom.






No comments:

Post a Comment