Saturday, May 27, 2017

One Step at a Time...



There are things in life that you think you can’t do, you stare at them while shaking your head at impossibility of it. All the while saying, why? Why would you even want to do that?

You really do though, you really want to push yourself to this, to your mind unreachable goal. Other people around you easily accomplish what you don’t even dare to imagine doing, some even casually invite you along, but you laugh it off, smile in spite of desperately wanting to, you don’t want embarrass yourself that way, in what you think is a pathetic attempt at they will easily do. I know this because I feel like this sometimes myself.


There was this one time in particular, I set myself a goal, I wanted to hike this certain trail, I wanted to do it pretty badly. I doubted that I could, even if I pushed myself. Now, some people might think, hike? One little trail, that’s nothing. Well, in my mind it was huge, daunting task that seemed destined for me to fail at. Even so, with this in mind I decided I was going to do it, and then the best thing possible happened. A friend said she’d go with me, it wasn’t a big deal for her (She loves to hike, and would do it every day.) But she knew how I felt and wanted to help. Just her willingness to be there helped to push me forward. I would try. So, off we went, little by little, one step at time and finally I made it to the top. I reached my goal.
It was one the greatest feelings I have ever known, to do what seemed impossible, to meet a goal I had once couldn’t even imagine attempting.


I stood there at the top, looking a the amazing view before me, seeing how far I’d come, it nearly took my breathe away.


We made our way back, and as we walked I began to realize something. She had known I could to that. She believed in me before I could. I was honored, not only by her faith in me, but that I had lived up to it.


So, I guess what I saying is, if I can, you can. If you want it? Go for it.
And if you need a friend…… well, I know a great one.




No comments:

Post a Comment